A The couple are hoping to win their dream wedding through a fundraiser from northeastern autism charity Daisy Chain.
Rebecca Baldwin and Sam Wagner entered the competition, led by Daisy Chain, to win a thousands of pound wedding package, which will be provided by local businesses and will take place at the Hardwick Hall Hotel.
The couple, who have two children, Lila, four years old, and Theo, seven and a half months old, got engaged in September on Rebecca’s 29th birthday in Aria Falls, Lake District.
She said, “It was unexpected, but very beautiful. We weren’t engaged for long, but after nine and a half years with two children we knew we’d like to get married soon, but we can’t afford it at the moment. So if we win this awesome wedding package, a dream will come true. “
In order to have a chance of winning, entrants must raise a minimum of £ 500 for the charity to receive a ticket to the raffle. Every £ 500 raised is worth a ticket. If you collect £ 1,500 you will receive three entries in the drawing.
It is up to the couples how to collect donations. However, the participants will receive a donation package with ideas and tips.
Rebecca said, “We looked at a lot of different fundraising options, including a sky dive and bungee jumping, but lockdown restrictions made us think of something we could still achieve.
“Instead, we opted for a 162 mile sponsored walk. This is the distance from Middlesbrough to Burnley, in other words where I live now and where I used to live and back again. The total mileage has to be covered by both of us and is added to any normal daily walking.
“We also organized a stock car quiz that is held online with friends and family to raise funds.”
The couple, who live in Nunthorpe, met at a stock car race – Sam, 31 years old and works in quality control at British Steel, Hartlepool, as well as Rebecca’s brothers – with Rebecca as a spectator.
The wedding package includes:
- Venue, catering and overnight stay at the Hardwick Hall Hotel with bridal breakfast from Ramside Estates
- Choice of date (Monday to Friday in 2021 or Saturday / Sunday in 2022)
- Wedding dress provided by Bridal Factory Outlet, Northallerton
- Bridal hair package from BePremiere Hair
- The groom’s suit is provided by Psyche, Middlesbrough
- Groomsmen suits from Psyche, Middlesbrough
- Groomsmen care provided by headquarters
- Wedding cars from Classic Wedding Cars NE and Sytner Mercedes-Benz from Teesside
- Photography courtesy of Matthew Wright Photography
- Flowers provided by Sweet William Floral Design
- Bridal nails and fakebake tan from Cici’s Nail Bar
- 3-month gym membership for couples from Lifestyle Fitness
Neeraj Sharma, Managing Director of Daisy Chain, said: “We hope that as many and as many couples as possible join our competition, from those whose wedding plans have been destroyed by Covid restrictions to those who can only dream of to afford such a wonderful wedding package. “
Add a link to your company