A The health care assistant at James Cook University Hospital entered a competition to win a dream wedding hosted by the Teesside-based autism charity Daisy Chain.
Kaylee Stirling competed in hopes of winning the thousands of pounds worth of prize donated by local businesses and held at Hardwick Hall for her and her future husband, Anthony Murray.
Kaylee took care of Covid patients during the pandemic and unfortunately fell ill with Covid herself in May and tested positive for 7 weeks.
The couple have been together for ten years and have two children, Emilee aged eight, Charlie aged four, and a dog named Dougie. They got engaged two years ago on Kaylee’s 30th birthday.
Kaylee and Anthony’s original wedding plans, a small family ceremony in Middlesbrough Town Hall followed by a celebration in Foster’s suite, Billingham Synthonia, had to be stopped because of the pandemic.
Kaylee said, “We made the decision to enter the competition so we could really come up with something positive to focus on. This is a fantastic opportunity to do something good for a charity after a year of pain and heartbreak for so many people and having the chance to win a wedding like this is something we can only imagine.
“We originally planned our wedding for October 2020. First, we changed our plans so that it was just one family because of the limited numbers. Then we unfortunately had to cancel it because of the restrictions and the lock.
“For fundraising we will be doing some bake sales and after Christmas I will take on a fitness challenge and ask people to sponsor me but also involve the whole family and be fun. We’ll also be doing some raffles and bingo nights with family and friends to zoom in on. “
In order to have a chance of winning, entrants must raise a minimum of £ 500 for the charity in order to receive a ticket to the raffle. Every £ 500 raised is worth a ticket. If you collect £ 1,500 you will receive three entries in the drawing.
Neeraj Sharma, Managing Director of Daisy Chain said, “Couples like Kaylee and Anthony are great examples of why we wanted to host this competition. Many weddings have unfortunately been affected by the pandemic and we wanted to give people the opportunity to win a dream wedding to make up for the heartache.
“Applications are still open and I would recommend everyone to sign up after they have considered it. There is nothing to lose, but potentially a lot to gain while supporting a local charity in a time of need. “
The wedding package includes:
- Venue, catering and overnight stay at the Hardwick Hall Hotel with bridal breakfast from Ramside Estates
- Choice of date (Monday to Friday in 2021 or Saturday / Sunday in 2022)
- Wedding dress from Bridal Factory Outlet, Northallerton
- Bridal hair package from BePremiere Hair
- Groom’s suit from Psyche, Middlesbrough
- Groomsmen suits from Psyche, Middlesbrough
- Groomsmen care provided by headquarters
- Wedding cars from Classic Wedding Cars NE and Sytner Mercedes-Benz from Teesside
- Photography courtesy of Matthew Wright Photography
- Flowers provided by Sweet William Floral Design
- Bridal nails and fakebake tan from Cici’s Nail Bar
- 3-month gym membership for couples from Lifestyle Fitness
To learn more about or to participate in the competition, please visit the Daisy Chain website. The deadline for entries for competitions is April 30th.
Add a link to your company