T.Eesside-based autism charity Daisy Chain has announced the winners of their “Win a Wedding” competition.
Rebecca Baldwin and Sam Wagner raised more than £ 1,600 for the charity, which qualified them for three tickets to the raffle.
Entrants had to collect £ 500 to win a spot in the raffle and each additional £ 500 was the equivalent of an additional raffle ticket.
The raffle took place at Hardwick Hall, the wedding venue that was part of the prize package. Rebecca and Sam were crowned winners. Runner-up Kaylee Stirling and Anthony Murray received a consolation prize for staying at the Ramside Hall Treehouses with access to the spa.
Rebecca and Sam, who have two children, Lila, age five, and Theo, age one, got engaged in September on Rebecca’s 29th birthday in Aria Falls, Lake District.
The couple who live in Nunthorpe met at a stock car race – Sam, 31 years old and works in quality control at British Steel, Hartlepool, as well as Rebecca’s brothers – with Rebecca, who is legal secretary at Archers Law, there as a spectator.
Commenting on her victory, Rebecca said: “Words cannot describe how lucky we are to have won Daisy Chain’s ‘Win a Wedding’ competition! After the turbulent year we’ve all had, it’s amazing to finally have our dream wedding planned and ready to book.
“I would like to pass on our best wishes to the other finalists, Kaylee and Anthony. You did an excellent job with your fundraiser and we wish you all the best for your own wedding.
“Raising this incredible amount of money for Daisy Chain will hopefully make a huge difference and we hope that many service users will benefit from the funds raised.”
Neeraj Sharma, Managing Director of Daisy Chain, said: “On behalf of everyone at Daisy Chain, I would like to congratulate Rebecca and Sam on winning the competition. You worked very hard to raise a fantastic amount of money and we are eternally grateful.
“I would also like to share my pity with Kaylee and Anthony, their kindness and fundraising will not be forgotten.”
The wedding package that Rebecca and Sam won includes:
- Venue, catering and overnight stay at the Hardwick Hall Hotel with bridal breakfast from Ramside Estates
- Choice of date (Monday to Friday in 2021 or Saturday / Sunday in 2022)
- Wedding dress provided by Bridal Factory Outlet, Northallerton
- Bridal hair package from BePremiere Hair
- Groom’s suit from Psyche, Middlesbrough
- Groomsmen suits from Psyche, Middlesbrough
- Groomsmen care provided by headquarters
- Wedding cars from Classic Wedding Cars NE and Sytner Mercedes-Benz from Teesside
- Photography courtesy of Matthew Wright Photography
- Flowers provided by Sweet William Floral Design
- Bridal nails and fakebake tan from Cici’s Nail Bar
- 3-month gym membership for couples from Lifestyle Fitness
Add a link to your company