Tuesday, August 16, 2022
Home Supercars The QLD coronavirus case calls on Supercars teams for advice

The QLD coronavirus case calls on Supercars teams for advice

Triple Eight Race Engineering and Dick Johnson Racing are based in southeast Queensland

Supercars has advised its Queensland-based teams to restrict movement while a new locally acquired COVID-19 case is discovered.

Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk announced today that a 26-year-old man tested positive and has been contagious since March 19.

Speedcafe.com understands that Supercars has urged Queensland-based staff to be careful and restrict movement for the next 72 hours.

Dick Johnson Racing, Matt Stone Racing and Triple Eight Race Engineering are based in southeast Queensland.

Team Sydney (ne Tekno Autosports), which was based in its former workshop in Yatala, has since moved to its New South Wales base in Sydney Motorsport Park.

A statement by a Supercars spokesperson said: “Supercars is actively monitoring the situation in Brisbane. At the moment we are further preparing for our next event in Tasmania. “

The Repco Supercars Championship will continue from April 10th to 11th with the Beaurepaires Tasmania SuperSprint at the Symmons Plains International Raceway.

Nursing homes, hospitals and prisons are closed to visitors in the Brisbane City and Moreton Bay areas today.

It is not yet known how the man became infected and authorities are doing genome sequencing to determine which strain of COVID-19 was acquired.

The Prime Minister has encouraged people to continue to distance themselves socially and the people of Brisbane and Moreton Bay to wear masks.

“People are not socially distant,” said Prime Minister Palaszczuk.

“We really need people who distance themselves socially, and the other thing that comes back is that everyone is doing handshakes again.

“Please, we are still in the middle of a pandemic.

“Now is not the time to break our social distancing, good hand hygiene and handshakes. I’m sorry everyone. “

Last year the Supercars season was hit by the coronavirus pandemic, which saw Victorian teams, drivers and employees traveling for over 100 days.

This week’s note to teams comes two weeks after a similar notice was sent when a doctor tested positive at Princess Alexandra Hospital in Brisbane on March 12th.

RELATED ARTICLES

Most Popular

Recent Comments