Domino’s has introduced a new way of collecting orders in one of its Hertfordshire stores.
Car Collection was tested in a handful of cities late last year and after some positive customer feedback, the technology is now rolling out at Domino’s store in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
This new way of collecting pizza uses location sharing to track a customer’s journey from the sofa to the store.
Customers who order in these stores now have two options to benefit from pick-up-only offers, either by coming into the store to safely collect their order directly, or by waiting outside in their car for a pizza delivery.
Enter your zip code below for the latest food and drink news near you:
Clive West, Domino’s Group Digital Director, said, “We are excited to present In Car Collection in our Hertfordshire store.
“The feedback from stores that already offer this service has been fantastic, so I’m sure our latest innovation will resonate with local customers.”
He added, “We always strive to make it as easy as possible for our customers and knowing that convenience and speed matter, In Car Collection offers another collection method. Simply order online or via the app and have a hot pizza served directly to your car. “
Sign up for the HertsLive newsletter below to get the latest news straight to your inbox:
If you’re looking for a way to keep up with the latest news from Hertfordshire, the HertsLive newsletter is a great place to start.
The twice-daily update delivers the top news and features straight to your inbox.
We select the most important stories of the day to include in the newsletter, including crime, court news, long reads, traffic and travel, food and drink articles, and more.
Registering for the newsletter is easy. All you have to do is click here and enter your email address.
This is one of the many ways to get the HertsLive news that is important to you.
How does it work?
- Choose your favorite pizza, side dishes and desserts to order and choose the In-Car Collection option online or via the app
- The store will send you an SMS text 10 minutes before your order is ready to be picked up
- Share your current location with the business by clicking a link in the text
- Pizza makers are busy preparing and baking your order. They will also track your journey to business
- You will reach the designated domino parking lot
- Employees bring your order directly to your car, contactless
Will you use the new service? Sign up here and let us know in the comments below.