Theft of money from a car in Sandown caused a local resident to warn others of the situation after they forgot to lock their vehicle overnight.
It is reported that the glove box of a car parked in Mortonbrook was searched sometime between Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning and a number of pound coins were stolen.
Separately, a man riding a push bike was observed to try car door handles in Aylett Close – just a stone’s throw away from theft. The potential thief was on his way when a vehicle pulled onto the residential street.
Article further below this ad
Island Echo believes that a navigation device was stolen from another vehicle in the Sandown area.
Top car safety tips
- Choose the right parking space
- Do not display any objects
- Take out your stereo and navigation device
- Add a car alarm, immobilizer, or tracking device
- To be seen to be safe
- Make sure the vehicle is locked and take good care of your keys