Tuesday, July 16, 2024
Home Latest The stabbed victim "climbed into a police car covered in blood and...

The stabbed victim “climbed into a police car covered in blood and clutched his neck” before a breakneck jump to the hospital saved his life

Three East London police officers recently went out of their way after rushing a dying man to the hospital within seven minutes of finding him.

The victim climbed into the back of the cop as SC Saul Glick, Mubashar Mirza and Zoheb Zuber of the Metropolitan Police’s Roads and Transport Policing Unit were driving towards the Old Street roundabout in Hackney when they became aware of a potential nearby sting.

It was then that they noticed that the man had been stabbed in the neck.

“I could see right away that he was losing a significant amount of blood,” said PC Glick.

“It quickly became clear that if we didn’t get him to the hospital quickly, he could go into shock and die. We didn’t have time to wait for an ambulance as we normally would.

“I got in the back with him and gave him first aid. There was so much blood that it was difficult to find the wound, but I managed to locate it and wrap it up as well as possible. “

MyLondon The 12’s brilliant new newsletter is packed with news, views, features and opinions from around the city.

Every day around 12 noon we will send you a free 12 story email to keep you entertained, informed and cheered. It’s the perfect midday reading.

The MyLondon team tells London stories for Londoners. Our 45 journalists cover all the news you need – from town hall to your local streets.

Don’t miss a moment by signing up for The 12 newsletter here.

PC Zuber took them to the nearby Box Park, where they met advanced driver Sergeant Adam Bright, who sent them to a local hospital with flashing lights.

“I knew we couldn’t afford to wait for other units or emergency services,” said PC Zuber.

“The Old Street roundabout was full of traffic and we had no time to lose, as it had a neck wound, we had to act decisively.

Continue reading
Continue reading

“He was incredibly lucky that we happened to be in this place – if he had gone his own way to the hospital, I’m not sure the result would have been positive.”

It only took seven minutes to log the three officers down to get the victim to the hospital and it’s the speed that one of the officers said saved the man’s life.

“Speed ​​was everything that day,” said PC Mirza. “Just looking at him, it was clear that we had to treat him as quickly as possible and put into practice the things we were taught during our training.

“My biggest and most important concern at the time was the victim’s well-being in order to save his life. The three of us had the same goal and worked almost instinctively without having to say too much to each other.

“It is an extraordinary circumstance to literally stumble upon an incident like this and not something I will soon forget.”

PC Glick stayed with the victim in the hospital until it became clear he would be fine and he has now fully recovered.

Chief Inspector Lora John of the Road and Transport Police Command said, “As a police officer, every day is unpredictable and you never know what to do next.

“These three officers – as well as Sgt Bright, who drove them to the hospital – got on the job incredibly quickly.

“Your exemplary teamwork undoubtedly prevented the victim from long-term injury and perhaps even saved his life. They can be very proud of what they have achieved that day, like all of us. “


Most Popular

Recent Comments